Thursday, March 31, 2016

WE HAVE FLOORS

Yes! Finally a house update. I really wanted to document our first home building experience better, but my life got busy & crazy and it just didn't happen. We have been SO excited about our house though. The past 6 months have flown by and I can't believe we'll be moving in 30 days!!

At the beginning it seemed like the planning process was taking so long. We would go by our lot weekly (probably more like daily) and just stare out at our gorgeous view imagining what our house would be like. Now we go by every day and there's something new they've done on our house and it's all so exciting! Today we went by and all of flooring (aside from carpet) and baseboards had been installed and I was all heart eyes over everything. 

Here are some progress photos...

Framing!!



This is all the insulation Daniel bought. After they had framed, our builder asked us if we were planning on insulating the inside walls of our garage. We didn't even know that was an option to do ourselves (we didn't add it as an upgrade because we didn't think it was worth it). But when our builder gave us the go-ahead Daniel decided to just insulate our entire house! Lol. They insulate any of the outer walls, but not the inside walls. Our builder only gave us one day to do it because they were dry walling the next day, so Daniel had to go over after work that day and he spent a good 4-5 hours insulating our house (in the dark with a flashlight for part of the time - why did I not get a picture?!). Did he know what he was doing? Nope. Thank goodness for YouTube!!


After dry wall went in...



And these I took today after the flooring went in (although my photos are mostly all of carpeted areas and they have the wood floors covered).


LOVE the double doors going in to our master bedroom.


This is my favorite room in our house. I love the three little windows and just imagine what a cute nursery this room would make every time I see it.



All the natural light coming in makes me so happy. In our apartment we literally have zero natural light. It's the one thing I've hated about living in our apartment the past 4.5 years. So I am so ready to let that light pour in and actually be able to have some house plants that won't die from lack of sunshine...


We feel so blessed and feel like we totally lucked out with our home. Just how it all worked out with backing out of the first home we were going to build, to finding the last open lot in our neighborhood,  and moving in to an area we LOVE.  Lately I've been thinking about how it all worked out, and I'm realizing there's a reason we landed my apartment manager job while we were in college, and I know there's a reason everything has played out the way it has. These next few months are going to be stressful to say the least...but I am anxious to see what Heavenly Father has in store for us.  

We are hoping to start infertility treatments this fall, after our big move and any summer travels we have coming up. I want to be as relaxed, and stress-free as possible before we start our first round of IVF, and we will be saving our pennies over the next 5-6 months to pay for it! Trying my hardest to trust Him and have faith in His plan. 

Hopefully more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment